(1) Biomedical research and development.
(2) Consumer affairs and consumer protection.
(3) Health and health facilities (except health care supported by payroll deductions).
(4) Interstate energy compacts.
(5) Interstate and foreign commerce generally.
(6) Exploration, production, storage, supply, marketing, pricing, and regulation of energy resources, including all fossil fuels, solar energy, and other unconventional or renewable energy resources.
(7) Conservation of energy resources.
(8) Energy information generally.
(9) The generation and marketing of power (except by federally chartered or Federal regional power marketing authorities); reliability and interstate transmission of, and ratemaking for, all power; and siting of generation facilities (except the installation of interconnections between Government waterpower projects).
(10) General management of the Department of Energy and management and all functions of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
(11) National energy policy generally.
(12) Public health and quarantine.
(13) Regulation of the domestic nuclear energy industry, including regulation of research and development reactors and nuclear regulatory research.
(14) Regulation of interstate and foreign communications.
(15) Travel and tourism.The committee shall have the same jurisdiction with respect to regulation of nuclear facilities and of use of nuclear energy as it has with respect to regulation of nonnuclear facilities and of use of nonnuclear energy.
Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade
Jurisdiction includes Interstate and foreign commerce, including all trade matters within the jurisdiction of the full committee; Regulation of commercial practices (the FTC), including sports-related matters; Consumer affairs and consumer protection, including privacy matters generally; Consumer product safety (the CPSC); Product liability; Motor vehicle safety; and, Regulation of travel, tourism, and time.
Subcommittee on Communications and Technology
Jurisdiction includes interstate and foreign telecommunications including, but not limited to, all telecommunication and information transmission by broadcast, radio, wire, microwave, satellite, or other mode.
Subcommittee on Energy and Power
Jurisdiction includes National energy policy generally; Fossil energy, renewable energy resources and synthetic fuels; energy conservation; energy information; Energy regulation and utilization; Utility issues and regulation of nuclear facilities; Interstate energy compacts; Nuclear energy; The Clean Air Act and air emissions; and, All laws, programs, and government activities affecting such matters.
Subcommittee on Environment and the Economy
Jurisdiction includes all matters relating to soil and water contamination; The regulation of solid, hazardous, and nuclear wastes; The regulation of industrial plant security; The regulation of drinking water; and, The regulation of toxic substances and noise.
Subcommittee on Health
Jurisdiction includes Public health and quarantine; hospital construction; mental health and research; biomedical programs and health protection in general, including public and private health insurance; Food and drugs; and, Drug abuse.
Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Jurisdiction includes esponsibility for oversight of agencies, departments, and programs within the jurisdiction of the full committee, and for conducting investigations within such jurisdiction.