Energy and Commerce Subcommittee Hearing on "Renewable Energy: Complementary Policies for Climate Legislation"
The Subcommittee on Energy and Environment will hold a hearing titled, "Renewable Energy: Complementary Policies for Climate Legislation" at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, February 26, 2009, in 2322 Rayburn House Office Building. Electricity generated by renewable resources, such as wind, solar, biomass, and geothermal, will play a crucial role in reducing U.S. greenhouse gas emissions, enhancing energy security, and promoting domestic economic development and job growth. This hearing will address the potential role of renewable electricity in meeting greenhouse gas reduction targets under climate legislation and the role of complementary policies, such as a federal renewable electricity standard, in expanding renewable electricity and spurring technological development.
A summary of the hearing is available.
The following witnesses have been invited to testify:
- Howard K. Gruenspecht, Acting Administrator, Energy Information Administration, Department of Energy
- Ron Binz, Chairman, Colorado Public Utilities Commission
- Dr. Ralph Izzo, President, Chairman and CEO, Public Service Enterprise Group
- Edward Lowe, General Manager, Renewables Market Division, GE
- Stan Wise, Commissioner, Georgia Public Service Commission
- 1 of 86