Energy and Commerce Subcommittee Hearing on "Reauthorization of the Satellite Home Viewer Extension and Reauthorization Act"
The Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet will hold a hearing titled, "Reauthorization of the Satellite Home Viewer Extension and Reauthorization Act" at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 24, 2009, in 2123 Rayburn House Office Building. The Committee is required to reauthorize the Satellite Home Viewer Extension and Reauthorization Act by the end of the year.
A summary of the hearing is available.
The following witnesses have been invited to testify:
- Bob Gabrielli, Senior Vice President, Broadcasting Operations and Distribution, DIRECTV, Inc.
- Charles W. Ergen, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of DISH Network Corporation
- Martin D. Franks, Executive Vice President, Policy, Planning and Government Relations, CBS Corporation
- Willard Rowland, President and CEO, Colorado Public Television
- K. James Yager, CEO, Barrington Broadcasting Group, LLC
- Gigi B. Sohn, President and Co-Founder, Public Knowledge
- W. Kenneth Ferree, President, Progress & Freedom Foundation
- 1 of 86