The Anti-Environment Record of the 112th House of Representatives
Last Updated November 14, 2012
Database of Anti-Environment Votes in the 112th Congress
Committee on Energy and Commerce, Democratic Staff
In the 112th Congress, the House of Representatives voted 317 times to block action to address climate change, to halt efforts to reduce air and water pollution, to undermine protections for public lands and coastal areas, and to weaken the protection of the environment in other ways.
Click here for a report released by the Democratic staff of the Energy and Commerce. See below for a searchable database of the anti-environment votes.
Total Anti-Environment Votes Under GOP House Majority in the 112th Congress:
Votes targeted at the Environmental Protection Agency: 145
- Votes to block actions that prevent pollution: 137
- Votes targeted at the Department of Energy: 55
- Votes to defund or repeal clean energy initiatives: 57
- Votes to promote offshore drilling: 47
Votes to dismantle the Clean Air Act: 95
- Votes targeted at the Department of the Interior: 81
- Votes to undermine protections for public lands and wilderness: 67
- Votes to block actions that address climate change: 53
- Votes to dismantle the Clean Water Act: 38
There are no results.